During times of crisis, the capacity to stay connected has been proven to be crucial. This essential resource is required for employment, school, and maintaining contact with loved ones. Many low-income homes, however, are having difficulty accessing the internet, particularly during the COVID-19 epidemic. Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) was born to help.
The Affordable Connectivity Program comes into play in this situation. The government ensures that everyone, regardless of their financial level, has access to broadband and internet services by offering this program.
This article serves as the complete guide to the Affordable Connectivity Program’s specifics, keeping you informed and up-to-date. Continue reading to find out more!
What Is The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a government initiative that provides affordable connectivity services to low-income families. The program was administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and launched on December 31, 2021. It has since helped connect millions of people to the services they need. This is especially important during the COVID-19 pandemic, as many people are now working and learning from home.
Here are some numbers from the program that may surprise you:
- 14.2 billion dollars has been provided to this program by the Infrastructure Act.
- 10 million households have participated in this program to date.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is open to qualifying individuals nationwide.
What Are The ACP Benefits?
The Affordable Connectivity Program offers a variety of benefits for its participants. These benefits can help with things like reducing your monthly phone bill, getting free or discounted cellular service, and more. Additionally, the ACP can help you connect to government services and resources, as well as provide you with access to educational opportunities.
There are a number of benefits to the Affordable Connectivity Program, including:
- Affordable rates: The Affordable Connectivity Program offers affordable cell phone service to low-income families. This is a great way to help bridge the digital divide and ensure that everyone has access to the services they need.
- Easy enrollment: Enrolling in the Affordable Connectivity Program is easy. You can easily apply online through the AirTalk Wireless website.
If you are struggling to pay your monthly phone bill, the Affordable Connectivity Program may be a good option for you.
Maximum Benefit with AirTalk Wireless
Did you know that you can join the ACP easily with AirTalk Wireless? AirTalk has offered the ACP program to qualifying customers for over 10 years. It helps to assist individuals that are struggling to access the internet and phone services. AirTalk has been trusted by thousands of customers across the U.S. to provide high-quality phones along with excellent customer service.
If you apply for the ACP program with AirTalk Wireless, you will receive a ton of benefits such as:
- Free Unlimited High-Speed Data, Picture Messaging and Texting.
- A Free 4G/5G device from iconic brands such as Apple, Samsung, Google, and more including models such as iPhone 6s, Samsung Galaxy S7, and Pixels!
- Free, Fast & Reliable Nationwide Shipping.
- Easy to complete an online application that takes only a few minutes!
Plus, there are no contracts or hidden fees so you can enjoy free unlimited monthly service absolutely worry-free.
Visit the AirTalk website to apply today in less than 5 minutes!
When Did EBB Transfer To ACP?
The FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit program became the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) on December 31, 2021. On Nov 15, 2021, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act was passed, resulting in this modification. The EBB was intended to be a one-time initiative to deliver low-cost internet access. Meanwhile, the new ACP has a $14.2 billion budget and will be a longer-term benefit for qualifying households.
So, what was the difference between EBB and ACP:
- For homes not situated on qualified Tribal grounds, the maximum monthly payment will change from $50 to $30.
- Households can now qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program in additional ways, including getting WIC assistance or earning less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
- You will either remain on your plan without the ACP subsidy after the conclusion of the program, or you will terminate your internet-related services with your provider. They will offer you the option to make this decision at the start of your ACP enrollment and again before the completion of the program.
How Long Will the Affordable Connectivity Program Last?
While the EBB was a temporary program targeting low-income households during COVID-19, the ACP is a long-term program. As of now, the FCC hasn’t declared an end date for ACP.
Affordable Connectivity Program Eligibility: Who Qualifies?
A household will meet the Affordable Connectivity Program eligibility if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Besides, they will qualify if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- The National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
How Do I Sign Up For This Program?
- To apply online or visit print a mail-in application, go to ACPBenefit.org.
- To choose a plan and have the savings added to your statement, contact your chosen partnering provider.
Some suppliers may want you to fill out a separate application.
Eligible families must fill out an application and contact a partnering provider to choose a service package.
Is The Internet Provider Important In This Program?
Probably. On the ACP’s website, there are more than a thousand different home and mobile Internet providers. They range from large nationwide telecom corporations to regional providers. Fortunately, finding out if your firm offers this monthly discount is as simple as entering your Zip code into AirTalk Wireless’ tool.
Some of these Internet providers are still offering cheap or even free devices—such as cellphones or tablets—to assist you in getting online. However, obtaining some of that complimentary technology might be complicated. So it necessitates direct communication with your service provider.
What people think about AirTalk’s ACP program
Some of AirTalk free phones’ key features include large screens, long battery life, and high-quality cameras. The design is great, and the build quality is excellent.
Delivery time is quick, as AirTalk ships your device within 7-10 business days of approval.
AirTalk offers free devices from trusted, iconic brands like Apple, Samsung, LG, and more as a part of ACP. There’s even an option to upgrade to a higher-end model at deeply discounted rates!
Affordable Connectivity Program FAQs
Here are some common questions about ACP that you may need:
What is the National Verifier?
The National Verifier is the U.S. government’s application system for verifying applicants’ eligibility for various benefit programs. The National Verifier uses a variety of methods, including data from federal agencies and commercial data services, to determine whether someone is eligible for benefits.
Is ACP the same as the Lifeline Program?
Both programs are administered by the federal government and aim to make communication services more affordable for low-income households. However, they are two different programs.
Established in 1985, Lifeline is a permanent government assistance program that provides discounts on telephone and broadband services for low-income households.
Meanwhile, ACP is a relatively new program that began in 2021. It aims to provide underserved communities with access to the internet.
You can combine the benefits of both programs using the same or different service plans.
Is The Affordable Connectivity Program Permanent?
ACP is a long-term government benefit program. Once you get into the program, your benefits will continue for as long as you qualify as a participant in the program.
The program is also committed to continuing to provide this vital service for years to come.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a great way to receive affordable broadband and internet service, and it’s available to individuals that meet the program’s eligibility requirements. By providing this essential service, ACP helps level the playing field and create opportunities for all. With ACP, everyone can stay connected to who and what matters most.
So if you’re looking for a way to save money on your phone bill, be sure to check out the benefits of the Affordable Connectivity Program through AirTalk Wireless.