Although California is often associated with the lavish lifestyles portrayed in the media, unfortunately, many Californians are poverty-stricken or unemployed and unable to access the necessary means to stay connected. Thankfully, there are many government assistance programs available to assist low-income households, such as the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provide free monthly phone and broadband services. What’s more is that some Lifeline/ACP program providers also offer eligible individuals a free 4G/5G smartphone. Let’s check out where to get a free government phone California.
How to Qualify for Lifeline and ACP in California?
There are a few ways to qualify for the Lifeline and ACP programs:
1. If your household income is lat or below 200% (135% for the Lifeline program) of the Federal Poverty Guideline, you can qualify. In California, a household of 4 individuals would have to make $55,500 or below to qualify for the ACP program.
2. You can also qualify through participation in certain government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, SSI, FPHA, Veteran’s Pension and Survivors’ Benefit, Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch or Breakfast program, Tribal-specific assistance programs or if you have received a Federal Pell Grant for the current award year.
Where to Get A Free Government Phone in California?
There are a variety of Lifeline and ACP service providers available in California. However, not all service providers give the same advantages. Here we’ll discuss some of the top service providers and review what they offer, their benefits, and how to apply for the Lifeline and ACP programs through these providers.
AirTalk Wireless is one of the most popular Lifeline and ACP service providers in the United States. It is powered by AirVoice, an FCC-licensed EligibleTelecommunication Carrier (ETC) that delivers Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program to eligible consumers.
AirTalk also offers service on one of America’s largest and most dependable networks, which covers more than 99 percent of the country’s population. Consequently, AirTalk is able to deliver unrivaled service to its customers.
Through the Lifeline and ACP program, AirTalk offers qualifying individuals with Free unlimited monthly data, talk, and text plus a free 4G/5G smartphone at their cost.
Cintex Wireless is another leading provider of the Lifeline and ACP programs. Qualifying Cintex consumers will receive FREE monthly cell phone service that includes free unlimited texts, talk, and high-speed data every month. Cintex Wireless is another provider that goes above and beyond to provide eligible subscribers with a free 4G/5G smartphone with free shipping.
How to Get A Free Government Phone in California
To receive a free smartphone in California follow these simple steps below:
- Check to see if you are eligible.
- Choose your Lifeline and ACP provider.
- Visit your chosen provider’s website to apply. During the application process, you will need to enter your personal information and upload proof documentation to verify your income or participation in a qualifying government benefit program.
- Both AirTalk and Cintex Wireless will ship your device for free within 7-10 days, once approved. Further details on how to apply for a free smartphone, can be accessed HERE.
In today’s modern world, a smartphone is one of the indispensable aspects of our daily lives. Eligible California residents are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the Lifeline and ACP programs through one of the above-mentioned providers in order to receive a free smartphone and free unlimited monthly service.