As a result of having some of the highest poverty rates in the country, South Carolina residents are often unable to afford connectivity services and devices. Thankfully, qualifying South Carolina residents can receive a free smartphone and free unlimited monthly service from AirTalk Wireless. Keep reading to learn how you can get free government phones in South Carolina!
How Do I Get a Free Government Phone In South Carolina?
South Carolina residents can receive a free government phone once approved for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- Lifeline is a government subsidy program to help low-income individuals afford monthly telephone service.
- The Affordable Connectivity Program is a new government initiative that replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit program. This program aims to help low-income families access broadband internet services.
Although these government benefit programs provide customers with free monthly mobile and internet services, they don’t provide free phones. However, as an FCC-licensed provider of these programs, AirTalk goes the extra mile to provide qualifying customers with a free 4G/5G smartphone to enjoy with their free unlimited monthly cell phone plan, all at the company’s cost.
How Do South Carolina Residents Qualify For a Free Phone?
Individuals in South Carolina can qualify to receive a free smartphone if their total household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Government Program-Based Eligibility
South Carolina citizens can also qualify for a free phone from AirTalk by participating in one of the following federal assistance programs:
- Food Stamps or SNAP
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8 Housing)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor’s Benefit.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TAN
- Tribal Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Read more: ACP eligibility.
Documents Needed To Apply For Free Phones in SC
During the application process, applicants will be required to upload proof of identity, address, and income or participation in a qualifying government benefit program. g It is highly recommended to gather the required documents before applying in order to ensure a quick enrollment process. You can refer to the examples of acceptable documents below.
When determining eligibility based on household income, use the following document examples:
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
When you qualify for a government assistance program, keep the following examples in mind:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
What Can South Carolina Customers Receive From AirTalk Wireless?
If you are eligible for the Lifeline and ACP program at AirTalk Wireless, you can receive the following:
- A free 4G/5G smartphone from models you love, such as iPhone 7, iPhone 6s plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, LG G7 ThinQ, and more.
- Free unlimited data
- Unlimited text and picture messaging
- Unlimited monthly minutes
Moreover, all these benefits come with:
- No contracts
- No credit checks
- Absolutely no hidden fees and no shipping costs.
How To Apply For a Free Phone from AirTalk Wireless in South Carolina
The free phone application process at AirTalk is quite simple. All you need to do is follow these instructions to receive your free phone:
- First, visit AirTalk’s official website and click on the Apply button.
- Then, enter your zip code and choose Apply Now.
- Next, you will need to fill out the online application on AirTalk’s website, where you will also upload your eligibility documents. You will also need to upload these documents on the National Verifier website.
- You will then be redirected back to the AirTalk website, where you can choose your free phone from the wide selection of free phones available in SC.
- Once approved, your free smartphone will ship within 7-10 business days.
Eligible South Carolina residents can receive a free phone along with free unlimited monthly cell phone service from AirTalk Wireless as part of the Lifeline and ACP programs. What easier way to save money than getting a free phone with free unlimited monthly service? Don’t wait – Apply today for a free phone from AirTalk Wireless!