As a matter of fact, most of us can’t imagine functioning without a cell phone. We take it for granted that we can keep in touch with family members and co-workers and access emergency services with the tap of a finger. However, for a lot of families, cell phones and cell services are often out of reach due to their high cost.
The good news is there are programs available where qualifying individuals can receive a free phone with free monthly service. Keep reading to learn how to get a free phone.
What is the free phone program?
Origin of the free phone program
With the rising cost of living, many households in the U.S. are struggling to afford monthly cell phone service needed to stay in touch with friends and family. To bridge the communication gap, the government initiated the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in order to help households in need afford the services they need.
In fact, the Lifeline and ACP programs have helped millions of people across the country, making them some of the most successful government assistance programs. With the help of Lifeline and ACP, Americans are now able to access vital services like phones and internet so that they can stay connected with schools, jobs, healthcare, and more.
Are free phones from the US Government?
While the Lifeline and ACP programs are funded by the government, these programs only provide discounts on monthly internet and broadband services. That’s where AirTalk Wireless comes in – as an FCC-licensed government program provider, AirTalk has taken the extra step to also provide qualifying individuals with a free 4G/5G smartphone with free shipping, at their cost. That way, eligible consumers can enjoy free unlimited monthly service plus a free smartphone, at absolutely no cost to them.
Who qualifies for a free phone?
Individuals can receive a free smartphone as a part of the Lifeline and ACP program. To qualify for these programs, an individual must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Firstly, your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Secondly, participate in one of the Federal Assistance programs listed below:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps or Cal-Fresh
- Medicaid / Medi-CAl
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Lastly, if you live on qualifying Tribal lands, you are eligible for a free phone if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if you (or someone in your household) participate in:
- Any of the federal assistance programs mentioned above
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Please note that during the application process, you will need to provide proof of income, and proof of participation in a qualifying government assistance program.
Where to get a free phone?
The most popular and convenient way to get a free phone is by applying for the Lifeline and ACP Program through AirTalk Wireless’ website.
AirTalk is an FCC trusted Lifeline and ACP provider and has helped thousands of people across the United States for over 10 years. Eligible customers can receive a free iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S9, and more plus unlimited high-speed data, talk, and text from Airwalk with no contracts, no monthly bills, and no hidden fees.
How to get a free phone from AirTalk Wireless
AirTalk free phone plans
Eligible customers can get a free government phone if they apply for one of the following plans on Airtalk Wireless:
- ACP Plan: With AirTalk ACP Plan, qualified customers will receive a free cell phone plus 8GB of data and unlimited SMS and talk.
- Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan: Unsurprisingly, this is one of the most popular AirTalk plans, as it includes unlimited high-speed 4G LTE/5G data, unlimited talk, and unlimited text & picture messaging plus a free 4G/5G smartphone with free shipping.
How to apply for a free phone at AirTalk
Step 1: Head to Airtalkwireless.com, then find the “Apply” button.
Or you can simply click here to be directed to the application form.
Step 2: Enter your zip code, then click “Apply now”.
Step 3: Now you will see all the available services that AirTalk provides in your area and be able to select the plan of your choosing. Remember to choose the ACP Plan or Lifeline & ACP Combo in order to receive the maximum benefits.
Step 4: You will need to provide your personal information and upload documentation to confirm your qualifications.
Step 5: After uploading all the needed documents for the National Verifier, you will be directed back to AirTalk’s website where you will be able to choose your free phone.
AirTalk Wireless makes the application process quick and easy, as you can apply in as little as 5 minutes. You will receive your free phone within 5-7 business days once your application is approved, and AirTalk covers the shipping cost.
All in all, eligible subscribers can receive free unlimited monthly service and a free smartphone from iconic brands like Apple, Samsung, LG, and more as part of the Lifeline and ACP program at AirTalk Wireless – an FCC-licensed Federal Benefit Provider. So, look no further, visit Airtalk Wireless, and apply for a Free Phone now!