Did you know that you can qualify to receive a free smartphone and free monthly plans from AirTalk Wireless if you are a veteran receiving qualifying government benefits? Keep reading to learn more about this free phone program for veterans and how you may qualify!
Which Programs Offer Free Phones For Veterans
Did you know that the U.S. government launched several federal programs to help eligible individuals stay connected in their everyday lives by providing them with access to phone and broadband internet services? These programs are known as the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- The Lifeline program is a federal program to help low-income individuals afford telephone service.
- The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new federal program that replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. This program helps low-income households afford broadband and internet-connected devices.
How Can Veterans Qualify For A Free Phone & Monthly Service?
Individuals can qualify for the Lifeline and ACP programs through participation in the Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program. This is a needs-based benefit provided to eligible wartime veterans who meet certain age or disability criteria. Veterans who are eligible can qualify for the Lifeline and ACP program through AirTalk Wireless and will receive a free 4G/5G smartphone from top brands like Apple, Samsung, Google, LG, and more plus free unlimited data, talk, and text every month.
Veterans can also qualify to receive a free smartphone with free monthly service if through AirTalk if their income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if they participate in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program; or if they have
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
How To Sign Up For Free Phones For Veterans Through AirTalk Wireless
After making sure that you qualify for a free phone as a veteran, follow the below easy how-to instructions to apply directly with AirTalk Wireless:
- Visit Airtalkwireless.com, and select the “Apply” button.
- Enter your zip code, then click “Apply Now.”
- Next, you will be able to see all of AirTalk’s available plans in your state of residence. To receive a free phone and free plan, select the Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan.
- In the next step, you will need to provide your personal information and upload any necessary documents through AirTalk and the National Verifier’s website to confirm your qualification.
- After uploading the required documents to the National Verifier, you will be redirected back to AirTalk’s website. Now you will be able to select your free smartphone from a wide variety of models. AirTalk also provides eligible customers with the option to select from high-end devices at a fraction of the retail cost if you prefer to upgrade your free phone to a newer model!
- After approval, your device will be shipped to you at absolutely zero cost and arrive in your mailbox within 7-10 business days.
To read more about the top 5 mobile devices offered by AirTalk Wireless, click here.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, veterans who are enrolled in Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit Program or other government benefit programs can receive a free smartphone from AirTalk Wireless as part of the Lifeline and ACP program. Besides a free phone, eligible veterans can also enjoy high-speed data, talk, and text absolutely free of charge so they never have to worry about credit checks, contracts or hidden fees ever again! Visit airtalkwireless.com and apply for your free veteran phone today!