Lifeline is a federally funded government program that provides millions of Americans with free phone service every month, which helps reduce overall monthly expenses. This program is available to individuals who meet certain eligibility requirements.
To learn more about the Lifeline application process, keep reading to see how to apply for the Lifeline program with AirTalk Wireless.
What is the Lifeline Program?
The Federal Communications Commission initiated the Lifeline Program to help make communication services more affordable for low-income individuals. Lifeline offers subscribers a discount on qualifying monthly telephone service from participating wireline or wireless providers. These discounts make it easier for low-income consumers to access jobs, healthcare, and educational resources.
Who is qualified for Lifeline?
Individuals can qualify for the Lifeline program if at least one of the following criteria is met:
1. Income is at 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
2. Participation in one of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
3. Individuals that reside on Tribal lands can receive Lifeline if their household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or they participate in:
- Any of the federal assistance programs listed above
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Consumers can also receive the Lifeline benefit if their dependent participates in any of the programs listed above.
How to apply for Lifeline with AirTalk Wireless
Step 1: Visit Airtalkwireless.com, and click the “Apply” or “Apply Now” button.
Or you can simply click here to be directed to the application form.
Step 2: Enter your zip code, then click “Apply now.”
Step 3: Now, you will see all the available services that AirTalk provides in your area and be able to select the plan of your choosing. We recommend selecting the ACP Plan or Lifeline & ACP Combo Plan to ensure that you receive the maximum benefits.
Step 4: You will need to provide your personal information and upload documentation to confirm your income or participation in a qualifying government benefit program.
Step 5: After uploading all the required documents to the National Verifier, you will be directed back to AirTalk’s website, where you will be able to select your free phone.
For more information on the application process with AirTalk, be sure to review our previous article: How To apply for Lifeline and ACP with AirTalk.
To summarize, eligible customers can easily apply for the Lifeline program through AirTalk’s user-friendly website to start enjoying these great benefits.
If you sign up for the Lifeline and ACP combo plan with AirTalk Wireless, you can receive a free 4G/5G phone from top brands like iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy S8, and more plus unlimited data, text, and talk.